View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 08:32 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

i am thinking the frag prices may be low. Clams? this is a 300 dollar limit. what you going to spent 250 on lights and 50 on a clam? i thought the whole point of this was that it was to see what could be done on a fixed budget. with coral prices like these there is really no point in entering (makes possiblities far too endless). i thought this was a grow out tank. frags should be a min of 20 a Peice. what about those who are going with little coral? this kills them as they wont get a deal like that on LS. for those who are considering a species tank?

Im thinking 20 for a 5head reg zoas 35 for a 5 head rare zoa and so on. this again limits coral and gets back to THE NATURE OF THE BEAST which i thought was to see who could "Grow out" a tank in 6 monthes.

Just my opinion.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.