View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 09:27 PM

nats is on a distinguished road
Default not happy with vendor

Just looking for suggestions.
I placed an order for some coral from a canreef vendor. Box was delivery by fedex the next morning as indicated from vendor. The box arrived soaking wet. I quickly called vendor before cutting the fedex guy loose as I did not want to accept the package. The vendor said quote "just accept the package and anything that is DOA I will replace " I quickly opened the box to find 5 out of 8 bags with corals completely empty of water. The bags were not damaged. ALL the water leaked out of the bags VIA the knott!!!! I could not believe that someone would have really thought that this would have held any water
I quickly placed corals in a bucket of tank water as I had no water from the bags to slowly climatize them properly. When I opened the first bag the smell was so bad I had to do this out side. And the temprature of the items in the box was really high. Anyways most things died. A few survivors but just hanging in. Sent vendor pic's. Said everything looked alive There was nothing he could do. Anyways I'm out a few hundred dollars and the worst part is these poor corals died because someone did not know or care about packing them.
Im out a few hundred dollars. Any suggestions? Please