View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 09:22 PM

Dabbler is on a distinguished road

I will let you know my experiences. I got 2 2 spot gobys$35 each, the store had them for 3 weeks before I bought them. Got them home put them in the tank, and the one just decided not to eat and withered away to nothing. I bought a beautiful elegance coral (also not researching) and fought to keep it alive for over a month but it died $220 gone. I went through 3 copper band butterfly’s ($100 each) before I got one that lived and they all ate when I got them, the last one just up and died 1 year later. Loved my Sea hare it got caught in my overflow after 1 1/2 years then went through 3 more cuz they just up and died, and it wasn't due to lack of food. I feel with this hobby both salt and fresh water fish you roll the dice. There are only a few Local Stores that I know that actually QT there fish for 2 weeks + even before they let them out to be seen for purchase ( unless you are good friends and they take you back to the Qt room) so they can observe and feed and treat as necessary from shipping, pick you LFS and look at what they do If you like what you see they most likly all is good you just got a bad fish...it happens. With fresh water I had some bad luck too I bought a zebra plecko I put him in my tank and he swam onece around my drift wood and went to sleep and never came back. You say hummm bad water... new tank? Well it was a New tank but it had been running 2 months with an overflow and cycled with 10 giant diano's and it was 120 gallons so not a prob with water chem. ( and yes I check my water with test kits all was good) he just died

Last edited by Dabbler; 08-08-2008 at 09:32 PM.