View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 07:24 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
And see to me the flip side is if that dollar was buried in the cost of a purchase I made I'd have no problem paying it. Paying a dollar to enter a store only to find out they have nothing I want to buy at the time only makes me think I'll be less likely to come back. A reward of diminishing returns..

And I don't know if I buy the "if we don't do this then we'll go out of business" argument. If that is true then it's a pretty shaky business model whose time is likely coming sooner or later.
"If we don't do this then we'll go out of business" that has to be a lie!
On average lets say the guy has 80 people in his store per day which is $80.00 (even less if he is funding the money back after purchase). Lets say during that day he sells a single Euro Reef skimmer at $350.00 (lets say the actual cost is $120) right there thats $230 profit which is almost TRIPLE the profit of the admission fee. I don't think you need that $80.00 to stay afloat when the product you sell already has some crazy mark up on it. If you ask me it just looks like a cash grab situation plain and simple.
Levi