View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 08:00 AM

Stab_Master_Arson is on a distinguished road

I feel your pain OP. I have lost a few fish to this infection. Try that polyplab quasi-placebo first, it cured my clarkii but not my Raccoon butterfly. I really have no faith in "fish medicine". Treating fish "medically" seems like a bunch of guess work and hocus pocus. It is like dumping garlic butter on people that contract a violent skin rash. Probability suggests that some people will survive, so look, IT WORKS!!!! Nobody pumps billions into fish pharmaceutical research so we have to contend with snake oil and empty promises from various peddlers offering "instant cures" and quote/unquote satisfaction. Sorry for the negativity but I am just trying to forewarn you not to put much "hope" into fish drugs, but give them a try regardless. People do still have some success with them. Your best bet would be to quarantine the fish and use the proper dosage of special treatment like that one from polyplab and pray for the best. Remember, the first step against an aquarium infection pandemic is containment (as with US Bio hazard Response Protocol) and it might seem like a hassle but it will be better for every fish involved.