View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 04:52 AM

geeluk is on a distinguished road
Default China made skimmer - Bubble Magus-BM150

I bought this skimmer after reading some of the posts on Reef Central and decided to post a review on Canreef. I elected to purchase the bigger model (BM-150). The skimmer reviewed on Reef Central was the smaller one (BM-100). The 150 is slightly bigger in size and comes with a Aquabee 2000 pump. The drawback with this model was that it only came in 220 V plug in.

My system has a total volume of approximately 160 gallons and I was previously running a Euroreef RS-135.

Assembly was easy and I noticed the acrylic is actually thicker than the Euroreef.

I have been running the skimmer for one day now and still playing around and adjusting with the water level. I know that it may take while for everything to break in. Right now, the pump does not turn over when I plug i the power, I need to either lift the skimmer high enough so that air gets into then intake or I blow into the venturi to get it started. I find this very annoying. Once the pump turns over it runs fine.

The skimmer runs virtually silent and I noticed right away that it produces a lot more micro bubbles than my Euroreef. Right now it seems to be running wet.

Here are some pictures

After running for about 6 hours

Gary