View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 06:46 AM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

I think people are just wired differently. My mother runs TO danger. My father has said it numerous times... people scream or something seems suspect and my mother goes in for a closer look. "Look he has a gun" and my mother is trying to find out who.

In this instance I don't know if there was even time to stop and determine if the guy was too far gone or if stepping in would help... Some things you can't prepare for and when those things happen it's all about how your wired and instinct. There is no time to think, or break down the scenario and when it's something that serious I think most people instinctively kick into self preservation mode.Family can change your wiring like someone else also mentioned... when in prior instances people have actually ran now they frantically protect their child first.

And at the end of the day hypotheticals don't matter because they are exactly that... hypothetical. People can knock the ones on the bus all they want but they weren't there so really, they don't know and they never will until it happens to them.. and lets all hope it never ever does.

Last edited by superduperwesman; 08-03-2008 at 06:48 AM.