View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 06:14 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Wow Man that is alot of maintaining to get your tank looking like a picture. Well I use heavy skimming, CArbon, and Phosban, along with Kalk and i dont get that green algae build up i may get the odd Bubble algae on a patch here and there andthat is it. Or some rel turf that covers the rocks ,but then the phos ban takes care of that. the ocean doesn't use Zeo and look at what it looks like, yes i know that the ocean has all the proper supplements in to house what ever and the proper lighting and the corals to react to what ever mother nature throws out.

But i do know taking your time in doing water changes and getting good quality rocks and feeding the right amount and not over stocking your tank will give you the satisfaction of a nice looking tank. Yes all tank are different and do cycle different but that is what makes this hobby great understanding what has to be done and doing it to your time allowance.

REEF Roids
Zeo
and other products may have the right solution, and cost money. Well its not for me old fashion is the way to go in my books..

you tank will always have something wrong with its not like the ocean.. that is just my Opinion