View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 07:25 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Interestingly, I had heard that but I had also heard the exact opposite - in that by feeding clams you can avoid them going after your ornamental clams. It makes sense in a different kind of way - if they're not starving to death they won't be as desperate for food. FWIW, two years now with mine and feeding the occasional shellfish, and in with clams in the same tank, touch wood - no issues as yet. I can't convince mine to eat any kind of prepared foods - even Michika's home made food which is a hit with everyone else in the tank, is shunned. Mysis and shellfish it is then.

Edit/PS: I'm pretty sure that if one of my clams got injured or stressed though - that there would be a different story. Hopefully if/when that ever happens I'll be able to intervene, guess all I can do is hope for the best that it doesn't happen. Because I'm pretty sure the smell of clam blood would spell instant disaster.