View Single Post
Old 03-21-2003, 09:39 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I don't know. At one time I'd certainly would agree with the statement that "some things are just none of the consumer's danged business" but I find that in today's reality, that is becoming more of a rare privledge. Company I work for has to produce invoices on demand... Hell, I have to provide a drivers abstract, submit random credit checks, or even pee into a cup if that's what turns my customers on. I don't like it one bit, and I'll happily tell the customer what I think of him if he asks for it ..... but after that, if I wish to remain employed, or to continue doing business, I have to comply. Tough patootie.

So I don't have one iota of sympathy anymore to those businesses who don't want to show me the invoice if I were to decide I need to see it. Confidentiality of suppliers is a load of crap unless somebody has something to hide. If they want, blot out the prices. I don't care if they make a 100% profit or whatever .... the point is I'm not in a position to buy $2000 of livestock by myself, so it's not like I'm going to go out and start importing things by myself. I recognize that the places I choose to do business with, need to make a profit if I wish for them to remain in business. And I do wish for them to remain in business, so that I can go shopping there again next month or next year. I certainly don't want to find myself with no LFS I can visit every now and again... I just want the LFS's to be clean and as green as possible. I don't think that's really too much to ask.