View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 02:20 AM

angelic is on a distinguished road
Default Questions From a Newbie

Hello All,

I am pretty new to this world Aquarium/fish knowledge wise.

I have 2 Aquariums a 55 gal FW and a 14 gal nano(reef), a 29 gal nano in the makings to be a reef. Ohhh and I will be doing a 80-90 gal Reef once the aquarium is fixed and I get the proper lighting.

I am pretty *duh* so I hope everyone can have patience while I struggle this out.

My man is in the business so to speak( not gonna get into details because I am ere about me and my interests) this is a hobby for me and his knowledge is not in reefs or a lot of diff kinds of fish. Anyways I want to do this stuff and learn without having to drag him into it beyond the basic set up and care.

That is why I chose this sight..You people actually seem to know something and are willing to share in a nice way!!!

I am pretty additcted but sadly I have little knowledge to feed myself the right stuff *laugh*

I have some soft corals most just very small frags. Kenya tree, pipe organ, green star polyp, Zenia (brand spanking new ), and a fan coral. 2 Mushrooms and waiting on my very first Zoes. A coupel of tube worms.

I notice you use short versions for corals here like sps and so on. What is the version for soft coral?

What are the best foods for soft coarl?

Why do some people use sand for base and others use crushed coral?

A question about tube worms, I have 2 tree ones..I got them today, one is not coming out? How do they like to be placed in the aquarium if anyone can help me?

One more question then I will lay off for a day or so *L*

Why so much live rock? Is there a purpose or is it just because of the critters it has?

Thanks to all!!!!

I love freshwater Angelfish!

Am really starting to love soft coral!

Another love is Koi..Most people say they are dirty fish. I think they are regal and love that they are old! I dream of owning nice Koi..So if you have the real deal for an incredible deal *grin*