View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 04:50 AM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road
Default New Tank with 3D Sketches with Stress Analysis

So I'm going to be building a new tank. It will be a 24" x 15" x 12" AIO with the display being 24" x 10" x 12". A friend of mine has convinced me to use a controllable Nanostream Tunze. I think it's a 6055 if I remember right?

I'd like to do some custom bracket to hang the tank on the wall, but have them attached to the wall behind the tank so it looks like it's floating on the wall. Like a standard L bracket but upside down and actually strong enough to support the tank (i think it should be around 180lbs give or take) but worst case I'll just find something nice to put it on.

I want an AIO b/c I don't want to go too big but want the main display area to be clean. To start I think I'll just put some live rock and/or cheato in the large second chamber and the heater, have the first chamber for mechanical filtration and the last for the pump. Maybe work a little carbon tray in there somewhere, and the float switch and line for the auto top off. I'd like to hopefully leave room so I could squeeze a small skimmer in the back later if I'd like.

For lighting I'll go with some t5's

I think thats it for ideas right now. I've attached a few pics I was playing around with, but never got a chance to get the chambers drawn in yet.

Enjoy. Look forward to feedback/suggestions

Last edited by superduperwesman; 05-22-2008 at 04:15 PM.