View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 11:31 PM

untamed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by calkrog View Post
the way you have your uprights positioned right now im afraid they will go though the bottom of the tank. all the weight is going to be on the outside horizontals, and they are only held up by screws right now it looks like. or perhaps you are not done yet.

just my $0.02
Yes...I was thinking the exact same thing. Sorry, but it is just not good the way you've done it. The upper frame might as well not be there, structurally speaking.

If you were to sit yourself in the middle of that frame...ask yourself what is holding you up? I think you will determine that it is the nails/screws that you attached the frame to the posts. That's not good.

Similarly, the forces come down the legs and concentrate at the bottom of the legs. The bottom frame is not functioning to distribute the load as you would like.

The frames should sit on top of...and underneath the legs...not around them.
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436