View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 02:09 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ol Nobodaddy View Post
Magnesium always makes up for poor water quality J/k
Oh for sure the water quality is poor! There are 30 Bangaii babies, 2 adult Bangaiis, a Percula Clown, and a Hector's Goby in a 33g reef with no sump or fuge!!

I've found out that having baby Bangers in the reef system is a really BAD idea. So I'm working on making a Banger grow out system completely separate of my reef. I also just got a 75g cube tank that the 33g is being upgraded to, so the hair algae really isn't an issue. At least it's keeping the phosphates and nitrates out of the water column! My corals are happy, so I don't care. It just looks ugly, so I tried out the PhosBan Reactor. I've never tried the Magnesium method, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Right now it's really just an experiment...

I was going to throw out the BBS, but I got lazy and just left them. That bottle is now about 52 hours old, and even though there was squat for BBS in there this morning it is LOADED now. So I guess it (whatever "it" is) is causing a delayed hatch rate. Odd...

I know Kent Tech M has nitrates in it, so that's why I'm choosing to use the SeaChem as SeaChem's doesn't have nitrates. The elevated Magnesium is just an experiment, I really don't care if it doesn't work, but I still need a good Magnesium supplement since my salt is a tad low. I don't understand why calkrog said the SeaChem won't work as it has a slightly higher Magnesium concentration than the Kent does...

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 04-25-2008 at 02:11 AM.