View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 10:20 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

I've got my ro/di connected directly to a humidifier float valve in my sump and been working trouble free for more than 2 years. Said before how many people have had or heard of someone having there furnace humidifier flood their basement. I haven't and I'm guessing there's a lot more furnace humidifiers out there than reef tanks.

Heard as well about having hooked like this causes premature membrane failure and TDS creep. I sent a e-mail the Aqua-safe about this and though the reply was a little cryptic got the impression it's not a problem. Having run mine like this, my TDS is usually low single digits and when they do rise, I'll change filters and resin and things settle back. Since this rise has only happen a couple of times in the 2 years since I've had the ro/di up, I'm contributing more toward dirty filters and exhausted resin than any thing else.

I'll be changing my membrane shortly but again figure this is more from having the unit doing 1-2g daily auto-tops and bi weekly water changes on a 200g system for more than 2 years than a directly connect float valve.

Again, just my personal observations.

Last edited by mark; 04-10-2008 at 11:46 PM.