View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 05:55 AM

kwirky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Hmmm, see the one thing for me is you keep comparing these to just straight Tunzes and I keep comparing it to a Tunze wavebox.
... (I just can't get over the "big black box in a tank corner" aesthetic of those .. as much as I love the effect they give)
I compared them to tunze streams because for my own tank a wavebox is out of the question because of it's small size. It would take up like 15% of the tank. So for my own tank the choice was between the tunzes and the vortech.

As for running the tunzes on an AC wave controller you then lose the ability to throttle the pumps and other things. Not as many features as the tunze single controller or the multi controller.

And yeah I've seen videos of tunzes on a wavy sea but again it would be too large for my tank and would block probably 25% of the tank surface unfortunately. Hence the thread title "vortech in a smallish cube" If I had a larger tank, like if I were ever to set up another 120g, I would be debating between a multi-vortech system or a couple tunzes on wavyseas. or both if I had the cash