View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 09:42 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I'd love to hear more about what the various modes actually do? Ie., what's reef crest mode and what's tidepool mode?

Great review BTW, thanks for posting such a detailed writeup. My biggest complaint, or frustration if you will (and this is not a knock on the stores, I realize they can't do everything), is that it's really hard to visualize what these products will do for your setup until you've gone and bought one and tried it on your tank, and although the cost is not unreasonable considering what you get, it's still daunting when you don't know ahead of time what you're getting yourself into.

One comment regarding the cost of multiple units - part of the cost is the controller - it seems to me that the incremental cost for additional propellers must be less than say a completely linear increase? Ie., two props and one controller would surely not be 2x$400? Considering the cost of Tunzes nowadays, the Vortechs don't seem all that pricey an alternative anymore (seems to me a few years ago they were the pricier, now maybe due to the $Cdn/USD they're not as bad?)