View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 05:37 PM

bassman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Looks like a great option, should work well to keep salt creep at bay too.

One question though, is the back porthole the only access into the tank? The one drawback I maybe see is that inevitably you'll want to clean the inside of it or need to rescue a fish that rides the overflow waterslide, and it might be a bit of a hassle then? Unless there's another way in.
It only comes with one hole, 6" in dia. I think. I cut out two rectangular openings on either side, leaving the center hole and support intact. I discussed this with the manufacturer and it is 100% safe as long as you leave the center strip.
I think the openings are 11" x 18" each so I have plenty of room to get inside. I actually hand washed every square inch inside before filling it so I know nothing will be out of reach. This is one reason I picked this specific tank. The others get too deep. I knew I would have to install a bulkhead so I made sure I would be able to reach in far enough.

We ran into this problem at work one day, we ended up just stuffing the smallest guy in the shop in head first. LOL Mind you the opening on those are probably 10-12" in dia.

230 mixed reef / 230 gal sump/fuge