Thread: Help a Dog?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 09:27 PM

TANGOMAN is on a distinguished road
Default Help a Dog?

I just received an e-mail from my sister-in-law and it has compelled me to reach out for help.
This concerns a dog. A five year old Border Collie. An athletic pooch who needs surgery to deal with "Hip Dysplasia". His days in "Fly-Ball" are sadly over now but the chronic pain requires surgery to simply improve his qualty of life.
My sister-in-law requested bottles to assist her in raising money to help her little buddy get the surgery. She works two jobs and cares for her dog like a child. She just doesn't have enough money to get things done.

I hope this post doesn't get "nuked" because of its nature but I want to help out someone in desperate need.

Many of you know I operate a part-time business leasing and maintaining aquariums around the city. I propose to MATCH EVERY DOLLAR donated with earnings from my maintenance business. Just think, if 100 people honor a $1.00 donation, I'll present the vet. with $200.00. If 1000 people do this then I'm workin' for nothin' and the Humane Society will get a $700.00 donation on behalf of CanReef members. The cost of surgery is $1300.00. I'm putting $100.00 in the jar to help her out.

I know that this hobby utilizes all of our spare change, but I also know folks who keep Marine aquariums are responsible and passionate pet owners, so please, help me help a friend!
I am set up on PayPal. chinookaquatics@shaw.ca

Thanking you in advance,

Last edited by TANGOMAN; 03-19-2008 at 12:41 AM.