View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 08:34 PM

marciemp is on a distinguished road

The thing that is weird is that the clownfish look like they have been getting ready to breed since they have been in the new tank (about a year now). They established themselves in one front corner for about a week or two, then they moved to the back corner. They have been wiggling in the sand, brushing it out of the way, and wiggling against the glass ever since then. They look like obsessive compulsive fish, cleaning that corner. Like I said though, they have been doing that for about a year, but they have never laid eggs that I know of. We have only 4 groups of soft corals (zoa's), and so the clowns seem to be hosting the corner. And the agressivness only started a month ago or so. Before that everyone seemed to get along.

I feel bad for the damsel as he does seem pretty stressed. I guess if it continues we should maybe find him a new home, although he is my 4 year old daughter's fish, and we only have the one tank.

We are considering rearranging the rockwork anyway, as we are thinking of adding more rocks, maybe that would help.
Thanks,
Marcie