Thread: Drilling tank
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2003, 02:43 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

WEll it's all personel pick .I beieve in having 2 holes on a larger system for the flow and greater turn over rate.

And i think its better to have the bottom drain for the pipes you would get less gurgle out of a durso pipe than a back over flow due to you can always adjust the pipe on the bottom tank that is drilled .

the size of the pipe depends on the pumps you have to return the water to the main tank. Say you have a 3/4 outlet you would have a 3/4 return on the pipe

Inref : to a closed loop you can have 4 holes if you like, you dont really need to have holes drilld you can have them hanging on the back. When they are drilled they just look neater thats all IMO

With a back you have only one option and have to go with it. and you can only adjust a bit.

Or you can go with a H.O.B over flow tha nyou dont have the worries of drilling the tank.

But with my experience i have seen on my buddy's tank that over flow was loud, maybe it was just me .

OH Ya If you go with 2 holes you will have a less chance of having a hole close up ,maybe due to a snail ,I have had that happen to me on my 120 i have a few snails clog it lucky, i had 2 durso's

HOPE THIS HELPS