View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Banned

Whatigot is on a distinguished road

Alright.
I pretty much have the 2 chamber 20 gallon tall sump and all the plumbing figured out and got some forward momentum going.
I wound up buying more tube in more sizes than I ever should have needed but now that the quiet flo overflow is going and the sump is empty except for the submersible 400gph pump and a drip plate it's got a pretty low noise profile.
I drilled a hole in the side of my stand under the overflow so that I could pass the hose directly to the sump bulkhead as Id mounted the overflow on the side to lessen the rear clearance needed, it's more efficient and silent now and looks cleaner imo.
I put in the sand from my old tank; about 30lbs and all the water I had saved and kept warm and circulated and proceeded to fill the tank 5 gallon bucket by 5 gallon bucket, this is of course after a lot of messing around with the tank full of fresh tapwater and many subsequent leaks/misdirected hoses.
Gonna grab a heater and some more aragonite today and let the temp level out and dust settle before talking some pics of progress so far.

more to come....

couple more pics...

http://

Last edited by Whatigot; 07-24-2008 at 08:15 PM.