View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 08:21 PM

GrimReefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
If you dont have this basic knowledge, I would suggest against starting up a nano. Like they all said, it is way more work to keep a nano tank. I just saw that you are only 13 years old, and I may be wrong, but I don't think most 13 year olds have the discipline to keep a high maintenance tank like this.

If you feel you can do it, check out http://www.nano-reef.com for some great information and articles.
I don't think that's really fair. I've known a few young kids that keep nanos. You can't judge a person solely on their age. People mature at different rates. I know lots of 25-30 year-olds that don't have the discipline to keep a nano.

It's funny how a lot of us reefers portray reef keeping as this near impossible feat. It does not need to be complicated, nor high maintenance. Honestly I think a larger tank is a lot more maintenance than a nano... and I'm not sure where the popular idea of the opposite comes from. Sure a larger tank is more stable and this is very important when keeping SPS. But a nano that is properly stocked can be just as healthy, with far less sweat going into water changes, glass cleaning, filter maintenance, etc.

SeaSerpent, check out nano-reef.com as likwid suggested. It is a great site. I'll write up a simple guide to keeping a pico or nano and post or PM it to you.

Last edited by GrimReefer; 02-19-2008 at 12:16 AM. Reason: spelling