View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 11:43 PM

kwirky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robw View Post
This sounds like an interesting project. I remember seeing a schematic for a ph probe interface somewhere on the web. I will try and find it and post a link to it. Being an electronics tech I should be able to help with making pc boards for the ph probe interface etc. Any web or pc interface for these boards? Would be nice to log temps and ph etc to a pc for review. My biggest problem is finding time to do all the research.

Rob
there are PC and Web interfaces. the ATmega control module interfaces with serial out of the box. You can get a USB interface for about $25. Would have to write a driver for it and then write assembly code in the Atmel chip to support it.

A web interface is difficult. There are network interfaces but then you'd have to code a web server entirely in assembly. It might be easier to instead set up a client-server relationship where software's run on the PC and the controller sends data to the software.

I thought about ordering a USB and network interface but I'll be so busy just learning the Atmel assembly that I wouldn't use them right away.