View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 08:17 PM

TANGOMAN is on a distinguished road

Albert, I will echo many by saying how sorry I am to hear this. I know everyone will agree when I say "take my stuff but leave that which you cannot take with you". Insured or not, and regardless of the financial compensation, nothing will replace the feelings of being violated as you have. Nothing can replace that. Theft really ****es me off, but vandalism just makes me sick!
As mentioned, our society is deteriorating rapidly and we must all take actions to protect ourselves. I no longer trust anyone who comes to my home if I'm selling privately. It's saddens me to think if a fellow reefer is coming over to buy some stuff I have an inherant fear they're "scoping my place out". I no longer ask fellow reefers if I can come in and see their tank as I realize they may share this mis-trust. It's a caution that borders on paranoia and it really sucks!
All I can offer is encouragement as you pick up the pieces and move forward and you know I am one of VERY MANY who are thinking of you right now.

Far be it for me not to try and see the "lighter side" of things once in a while and encourage laughter, I recomend you gather receipts from competitors in your industry. You might end up payin' the insurance co. just cause' you're takin' home a deal that was just too good...

All the best my friend!