Thread: Just saying Hi
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 04:21 AM

BCOrchidGuy is on a distinguished road

Hiya Myka, yes I'm an orchid freak, used to have 70 mostly species. Phrags were my favorites but the ex wife brought home a very pretty Phal from home depot, with in a week or so all my orchids were dying, I managed to keep 4 or 5 and now have about a dozen.

I had a pretty severe back injury at work 2 weeks before xmas, next day I had a heart attack so I haven't done water changes and at that point I really should have done a biggy. I did two 20 gallon changes last week, done one today, and will do two more next week so I'm hoping to get nitrates down. I'm thinking about siphoning out my sand bed to help reduce nitrates as well. Tangs are a big favorite of mine but with a 60 cube it's a bit small plus I have a lot of rock so I'm thinking I should avoid a tang, but fox faces grow large as well.... I have a 27 long sump underneath the main tank, with a fair bit of caleupra in it, never tried cheato though. I'm building a phosphate/nitrate reactor in the near future so perhaps that will help as well. Thanks for the suggestions, we'll have to compare orchid notes etc.

Doug