Old 12-29-2007, 02:21 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy
My Naso tang eats these: Lobophora, Dictyota & Padina
Ok, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by untamed View Post
Tank seems small to suggest a Naso Tang.

It is my experience that algae will grow if the conditions are right for it to grow. IF...IF...you found a particular critter/fish that ate the algae you happen to have...then it will eat that algae and you'll have a different kind of algae in no time.

My advice: Put in a refugium and grow algae there where you can harvest it easily. (if you don't already have one) Weed/pluck/tweeze out any fast growing algae from the display, but let any slow growing algae grow large.

I think it is very difficult to create a system that grows NO algae. If you accept that, start planning what algae you want to grow and where.

That's my experience, FWIW.
I have RowaPhos running in an AquaClear, and a ball of chaeto in my display. The chaeto has been in there for about 8 months. I have never pruned it, and it has only grown from about 4" to about 7". It's a dense ball and is very dark green. The Lobophora is the biggest pain in the butt since it is hard to get off the rocks. I have a couple other algaes that I have yet to identify as well.

SPS fanatic.