View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 05:20 PM

nanopodreefer is on a distinguished road
Default reply by Jason McK

And Jason McK was nice enough to reply on the other thread with this comment.

Shane thanks for posting all your info and such good questions for people to consider.. good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason McK View Post
I Will be the fist to disagree with Mr. Calfo.
you can see a ton of LPS/SPS tanks with very health Blastos, Hammer, Bubble, Ricordia and many other common LPS. I myself have a 10 inch hammer coral that is thriving in the ZEO environment.
Also I have been struggling as of late with really low Alk like 4 DKH. This has had negative effects on my SPS but not anything more than what could be expected. the fact that I am on Zeovit has not heightened the the issue because my levels are unstable.

there are many additives in the ZEO system that "enhance" coral colour. but most of them are through feeding or increasing levels of elements that aid in the colouration of the corals flesh. YES ZEO creates a low nutrient environment. But is what ZEO strips from the water something corals would other wise be using? I personally think in a closed system it is better to remove the rotting food waste and add a controlled levels of supplements that will benefit the coral.
I could go on but need my sleep.

J

Last edited by nanopodreefer; 12-03-2007 at 05:23 PM.