View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 10:09 PM

jasond is on a distinguished road

Well I am finally up and running....well just straight water but its a start! As for the plumbing, that was fun! Will definately be easier next time now that I have done it. Not sure if you can tell from the pics, but I didnt come across an old post of Tony's till about halfway through, in regards to clear primer/glue at western pump (better late than never!) Most of the visible parts are clear, just some of the hidden ones are purple.

A bit finicky with getting the water level constant with the herbie overflow, but I have been reading lots on RC and seem to have it fairly steady. I have a ball valve on there, and I think a gate valve would have been easier. For anyone starting, it is dead silent, and no microbubbles, a thanks to Albert for getting me set up.

How do you guys/gals attach your filter sock? This way works for now, but I assume there is a better way?

Anyways, any comments/suggestions please done hesitate!

Jason