View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 03:13 AM

bulletsworld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinl View Post
in case you're still wondering how to wean a lion, here ya go. imo, read the whole thing as it offers great info on lions, but the actual weaning part is about two thirds of the way down in the "nutrition" section.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/20...ture/index.php

Hey Justin,

Thanks for the awesome article find on this. Good find!

So far, I'm loving having my Volitan Lionfish. Its one of the most interesting fish I have ever had and most venomous. LOL My fiancé freaked when I brought it home. I assured him he would be find as long as kept his fingers out of the tank. hehe

Otherwise, the fish has been a neat addition to my tank. It's housed with two puffers, a Picasso trigger, fox face and a vibrant tomato clown. All is well. My lionfish will eat himself to death if given the chance, so I have to watch when feeding. Not afraid of anything (other fish) even though they are bigger then him. But WARNING, lionfish grow FAST! I can't believe how fast too!

Also what I love about the lionfish is this fish is like having a cool shrimp with big fans/fins, perking on your rock, upside down at times and always starts conversation with people when they look in the tank, if the puffers won't stop dancing at the glass that is.

If you have the right setup, I would definitely recommend getting one of these fascinating fish one day.

"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Last edited by bulletsworld; 11-27-2007 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Opps..atrocious typo/spelling errors