View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 12:21 AM

untamed is on a distinguished road

My skimmer filled up again last night. For some reason, every now and then the skimmer goes nuts and fills the collection cup. Once the cup is full, the skimmer burps and spits, spattering everywhere...including on my touch screen. (one time, it actually told the controller to lock the CO2 supply on. It drove my Ca reactor down to pH of 5.8 before I noticed!)

So, I've had enough. I rigged up a float switch, and connected one of the three skimmer pumps to the Aquatronica contoller. The float switch sits in the skimmer colletion cup, if the fluid in the collection cup rises, it shuts down the skimmer. Should have done that months ago!

Here's a screen shot of the controller screen. On the right hand side you can see the various inputs including "skimmer level - OK". The skimmer is now assigned to plug "H". The "L" on that plug indicates that this plug is contolled by a level sensor. The blue outline means that the plug is currently "on".

That's your Aquatronica lesson for today...
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436