View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 03:47 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I honestly almost regret buying my CBB because he is such a ridiculous feeder.

I can't remember how long it took for him to become a total fiend with regards to mysis, but he is that way about mysis now. Other than the shellfish I put in for him, mysis is the *only* thing he will eat. He would rather starve than eat flake or pellet. I've gone as long as 2 weeks and I thought it was cruel and unusual. My problem now is that I try to feed other things mysis, and I can't, because he steals it all, no matter how long I try to chase him away. My dendrophylla, my blastomussas, my bubble coral .. in fact I've all but lost my dendrophylla because it can't eat enough. What tiny polyps I have left I faithfully try to feed everyday but because it takes 20 minutes to swallow the food, all it takes is for 1 second where he dashes in, steals the mysis and is off before I can swing my net angrily at him. And I've tried putting a jar over the dendrophylla, but the slightest movement and those feeding polyps are retracted and that's the end of that for that day. Second only to my sixline wrasse, I have to admit this fish is among my least favourite additions to my reef now. When the tank is torn down I might move him into my ritteri tank, he can steal all the mysis he wants in there and it won't matter.