View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 06:26 AM

Buccaneer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
If I had to start up a new tank, I would want to get a 30" or 36" wide tank to have a more open sandbed. I know that this would have the drawback of making it hard to reach the stuff in the back though. Still, a wider tank would be soooo sweet, evn though I'm very happy with my current 210g setup.

Anthony
My 330G was only 2 ft wide ( 8 ft long mind you ) ... but I hear ya about having a sandbed and some swimming room for the fish up front ... what I found was that after I stacked enough rock to aquascape it to the way I liked it there was really only about 6 or 8 inches of sand left at the front ... as a result I did not put as much rock in the middle to try to make it more open ( so that I had a little over a foot of open sandbed in the middle ) ... well guess where my large green BTA decided to call home ? ... yup you guessed it ... right in the middle with his foot attached under a rock overhang about 6" off the sand ... well when he " stretched out " the other fish had to be careful not to get stung ... if you have ever had a rabbitfish you will know they are not the smartest fish in the tank and would regularly brush up against that anemone and get a good welt ... but with a 42" wide tank I will be able to do some cool aquascaping and at the same time not make it look so crowded in there ... maybe open up the rockwork ... we will see

“The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.”
― Voltaire