View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by naesco View Post
I am not suggesting that we abandon purchasing from LFS.

The issue is very simple
Someone is pocketing the huge savings we as hobbyists are losing.

If it is the importers or wholesalers, our local LFS should put pressure on their suppliers or look around for better suppliers.

If is the LFS and online stores that are pocketing the savings, they must understand that if they do not pass it on to us, we will take our business elsewhere, across the border only if necessary.
Exactly why Gary suggests using your money to talk for you. Spending habits will dictate who sells what for how much. Reallistically though, if I stand at my LFS for an hour and mingle with the clients, most of them wouldn't even think of looking online, much less buy there. The local market shops price wise within itself, so as long as retailer 1 is 5% cheaper than retailer 2 down the street, they buy there. No consideration to what something might cost in California whatsoever. The people I talk to to that know what a J&L or OA is is probably less than 20%.
So, for now, the retailer still gets to dictate prices, especially in mid size markets like Victoria.