Thread: 300g upgrade
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 03:23 AM

i have crabs is on a distinguished road

now the return is run over the back into 1" bulk heads in the eurobrace. problem with that is either i didnt think of a very large euro brace blocking off my overflows of wendle didnt think of building a bug enough overflow for a guy with massive pipes to stick his hand into while 80% is covered by eurobracing. either way i dont care if its a problem ill just rebuild again sofar not a big deal.
return plumbing

once i had everything hooked up and filled with water i was having a problem with the water only going into the left side overflow and not any going into the right, befor putting the tank on the stand i checked if it was level and i thought it was but mabey i was playing to much saintsrow on xbox that day or mabey it was my 4' level on a 8 foot stand either way i wasnt draining 300g of water and moving the tank.

what i did was cut up some eggcrate

and siliconed it to the overflow

you cant tell its thier and when the water flows over it goes in both over flow at the same time and hasnt been a problem since.

here a skimmer running in a garbage can of dirty water for a week before putting it in the tank.

after that i slowly started adding fish once cycled with floss and sponges from other tanks i own.

right now thier are the 2 leaflip groupers,the large blackspot grouper a large panther grouper,a large red snapper and a yellow tang. ive had problems adding other fish once the snapper and black grouper settled in the run the show and have killed or close to killed a few new fish i tried to add so i think im stuck these fish for a while unless i go through some major steps to get more fish added without aggresion issues

now im just waiting for my fish buget to increase so i can add some good lights and some vortec powerheads.
and mabey get off my rear and finish the outside of the stand oneday