View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 05:07 AM

Chin_Lee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Chin_Lee
Default i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ol Nobodaddy View Post
Yeah but a new to the hobby vs an old hand, a reef vs a fish only. Lots of live rock vs not so much, regular water changes etc... to many variables for it to be that accurate.
i agree but what it can provide is for people to realize how long these fishes actually survive in our tanks. There is nothing in this world that can ever calculate all the variables and the poll is really not for accuracy.
The way I see its, the general idea behind it is lets say I want to buy a mandarin goby and I see that only a handful of people out of 100 have managed to keep it alive for longer than 1 year, I might have second thoughts about buying one.
On the other hand, I want to buy a yellow tang and 40 of 100 people have managed to keep them alive for 3-5 years, thats a pretty good indication that this fish is a good keeper.

Yes the list of fish could get substantial but once all the "common" ones are in, its the only ones most people will be interested in. I would not expect to see species like green sea turtle, hammerhead shark, or pineapple fish.

In some way, its my way to contribute to the conservation of some of the harder to keep fish.