View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 05:00 PM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
Had mine in the 80s & it was a great fish. I used to hand-feed it, so I could feed it smelts or squid or any other seafood we were having for dinner. Grew it from a little guy to a 14" adult. Then one day, while cleaning its tank, after I shooed it into the corner with a net, I heard a fish jump in another tank & knock the hood askew. So I naturally looked over my shoulder at the other tank & then my Volitan swam over looking for a snack when I wasn't looking & I got 2 shots of toxin from 2 dorsal spines in my finger on the right hand. Before I could finish the thought "this is going to hurt", the pain shot through & let me tell you, it was by far the worst pain ever. I've busted my knee several times, fractured a wrist, cut open my head, but none of that even came close. I ended up pouring almost boiling hot water over my right arm and getting all burned & blistered just to stop the poison from reaching my internal organs. At one point, I was screaming at my brother to cut off my arm since I could feel the poison almost to my chest cavity & I figured I'd rather lose an arm than a vital organ. (Now I'm glad he didn't listen)

Sold the Volitan the next day.

BTW, this happened over a decade before magnet glass cleaners were invented.

Anthony
Exacttly why they made eggcrate in the first place....nice little undersea prisons can be made from it