Thread: Andrew!
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2002, 12:20 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road
Default Andrew!

I seem to have some sediment on some rocks but not alot. I discovered that my powerheads weren't quite so powerful as they were when I first bought them (one was barely working) so I soaked them in vinegar. They still aren't at their full strength and I need to get at least one more and maybe replace the crappy ones (anyone know how to take apart a hagen pro3 powerhead to clean it??). That is probly the source of my problem though. I can understand why some reefers give up when they have hair algae. I'm getting pretty close. I spent 3.5 hours pulling algae last night. I don't know how many more nights I can do of that without getting too frustrated. Its everywhere and there is another type of algae growing on the sandbed as well that causes it to clump and when I try to remove it I lose the top layer of sandbed. I look at everyones tanks and their sandbed is sparkling white and I wonder what I'm doing wrong. I dont' think mine has been white since I put it in! I never really liked algae but now I hate it!