View Single Post
Old 12-28-2002, 06:23 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Bob, that is a declared value for insured shipping. to get there shipment insured it has to have a declared value and there for they screw you by making you pay taxes on the value not what you paied.. and it isn't ups at work there but good old Taxation Canada who is out to screw you one what ever they can.. the way they look at itt is to stop fraud in getting stuff sent and declaring it a gift they will tax the insured value of it..

a noraml company would have prepaied those charges. for example when I got my RO/DI unit from Aquariumspro, they dropshiped it from Reefpure and I had 20.00 ish in charges.. I called AJ and after he got mad at the shipping company , hehe he refunded that charges I paied to my credit card. aparently Reefpure was suposed to prepay thease charges when they shipped.

mine had a declared value of 50.00 on it thats why the charges were cheep..

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.