View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 03:03 PM

untamed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinl View Post
tank is coming along quite nicely! so you're one of the few who still use bioballs huh? make sure you rinse those once in a while... though im sure you know that already.

weird about the mantids. do you feed them other stuff intentionally? maybe you just have hippy mantids!
The bioballs were placed to create some first bio filtration so that the rock would have an easier time when it first entered. I've actually been removing the bioballs slowly over the past few weeks. As of yesterday, they are all gone.

I do feed the mantis, because it is fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Wow that's a lot of sponge! Where are they from? What's their care requirements, I thought they were phytoplankton feeders? Or is it zooplankton?

Nice to see most if not all of the gorgs are still with us!
Yes, the photosynthetic gorgs are doing great! I'm less positive about the others...

The sponges are part of the TBSaltwater rock shipment. As for sponge care requirements...good questions that I can't find an answer for. One source suggests that they feed on bacteria. I am feeding a huge variety of phyto, zoo, fine particulate food etc...but the survival rate for sponges of this kind is very low.
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436

Last edited by untamed; 04-30-2007 at 03:13 PM.