View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 01:30 PM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the kind words and for the suggestions....

We moved a few years ago. At that time, we had a 180g reef, but sadly had to give it up due to the move, though we kept our finches. A few months after the move, I missed having a tank. Reefkeeping was all I knew back then, so I sneakily set up a 7g bowfront nano. It was so cute that when I found a 2.5g bowfront nano a few weeks later, I again sneakily set it up, too. Later, I did a 28g bowfront with H. whitei seahorses. My poor husband has been through so much with me and my reefs

Anyway, fast forward to the current decision. I have more than enough to do now. I have movie sets to build, props to build and buy from far away places and places close to home, story lines to write, video to shoot and edit, accompanying music to create, and of course a granddaughter to play Grandma monster and Rebecca monster with

A small cage with finches, IME, is not the correct way to keep these kinds of birds. Have done nanos to death. Need all the extra space in various rooms in our apartment condo for new endeavors. Am looking forward to having my den free of stacks of salt. The pantry and several cupboads will be free of test kits, additives, extra heaters, finch paraphernalia etc. The master bedroom will no longer have the new saltwater mixing garbage can and associated equipment. Like, man, it's gonna be a brand new condo, and I can hardly wait to get the space back again.

But I'm sure we will go through pet withdrawel. It happened to some extent when we found our ball python a new home late last year. But we haven't looked back from that experience, and I don't expect we'll be looking back longing at the time when we had all our pets.

I'm sure I will visit Canreef from time to time, if only to post my new videos and to check in on my friends on the board. Besides, I'm still gonna have to sell my stuff here and make it to 4,000 posts

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel