View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post
How far off on the ratings would you say they are. I think the skimmer you have is supposed to be rated for "up to 240g". would you use that skimmer on a larger tank?
Not sure if I can answer, as its only been on a very light load 90. If I could have kept the 90 and increased the load as planned, I would have a better idea. So far, { I need more time with it}, I would not hesitate to use it on a tank larger than my 90 but dont know how much larger, {guess it would depend on load, corals & feedings}.

As mentioned, it skimmed as well as my Euroreef F-1 did and the largest tank I ran it on was a 170. Being as I have ran large skimmers on large tanks, I personally would not run a large tank now, without using a multiple pump needle wheel or a large beckett. Despite what many skimmers are rated for, they can compete with the water volume & foam generation of those skimmers.

But then the skimmer, pump & power cost is way higher. So far, {and again its early}, I prefer my Tunze for its cost, power consumption, ease of use & skimming, over any other comparable skimmers I have owned. Plus I,m hoping the Tunze quality and Turbelle pump longevity, come through as advertised.