View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 04:06 PM

SuperFudge is on a distinguished road

Jason,

I wasnt quick enouph, but it woulda made a classic pic...i remember when he got up, he had sawdust stuck to the side of his face and hat...lol...he laughed and i went to change my drawers.

Michika, im gonna guess it took about 3 weeks for the layups and sanding.

Colin, no pics of the urchin...for the sake of my pride man !.

But, heres a better pic of a single frag ...

Then the canopy,

This i wanted to be enclosed so all heat could be vented outside.
This made for a very large canopy, but it sure has done what i had hoped...2000 watts of halide and no chiller .

It was made from 2" square Aluminum tube and 1/16 Aluminum sheet.

This was the original set up for VHO and halide, which has been changed to 3x 400w and 3 x 250w and 4 x 65 w PC`s.

But heres the pic`s of it initially....

The Black Ballasts were the first Icecap dimmable halide ballasts...these were also traded out, as these later had some problems. (icecap no longer offers them)

The inside sheet was Bowed to allow for directed VHO lighting, but turned out quite usless when i went all halide, except for the fact i could angle the 3-250`s at the rockwork rather than striaght down.

Some tracking was installed for the canopy to slide into the shop, while i worked on the tank.

It also had to have a door to close up from the shop side when not in use.

The ductwork for heat removal had to be able to alllow me to open the canopy without having to tract the duct across when open....

open and closed position...

sliding open....

In position and on....

Then i wanted to get rid of the light entering the room and get better air movement across all bulbs, so a rubber skirt was put on. (on the canopy, that is )

Cheers !

Equipment builds....