View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 12:18 AM

kwirky is on a distinguished road
Default Begun reef organizer program

started from this thread here: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30948

I've started coding an aquarium organizer, that'll let you log things such as your livestock, water parameters, etc. An important part of the program will be a "reminder" feature, that will let you know when various things need to be done. For instance, changing carbon, doing water changes, etc etc. User customizable.

begun coding the "tasks/reminders" part of the program, as almost all the other code will rely on it. I'm coding the theoretical "framework" first before I start forming up the user interface. It lets me decide on a user interface based on the information being worked with. Application forms are a pain, and I only want to do it once

Tasks are one time, or repeated on daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly repeats. tasks also will get a comment field where multiple lines can be filled out of the task needs to be descriptive (ie: for somone looking after your tank while away, or for more description for those tasks we won't see again until about 300 days later)

As for how the information's managed, I'm making something kinda "organizer-ish". kinda like outlook, but simpler and meant for aquariums.

it already supports multiple aquariums.

It's with .net and C# because it's quick to make powerful stuff with .net

If anyone else out there programs, wanna help out? C# Express edition is a free download, and help with classes n such would be greatly appreciated.

once I have some executable code that does something interesting, I'll throw it on my dot.com and post a link for feedback from y'all.

figured i'd post a screenshot of me working on it just because i can

http://www.kwirky88.com/images/aquar...reenshot01.gif
took out the picture because it made the thread hard to read

Last edited by kwirky; 03-09-2007 at 05:57 PM. Reason: took out the picture because it made the thread hard to read