Thread: Kalk
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 04:44 PM

kwirky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKuch View Post
I have been trying it and I haven't noticed anything yet...what am I supposed to be looking for?
if you've been trying to mix it in saltwater, you probably aren't noticing anything because it's not doing anything really to your water chemistry. You're just going to have a lot of undissolved kalk eventually clouding up your water after a period of time, if you're mixing it with aquarium water.

You pretty much have to mix it in freshwater and go through the hassle of dripping it (or dumping it if you're daring) every single evening with your top-off water. There are so many mixed opinions on whether you add it all day, or during the night, or only during the day, or while doing a back flip over your tank ballancing a cat in each arm! And any which way you do it, there's often precipitation, leaving a white powder to float around in your water collumn. I quit using it because it was such a pain, and switched to two part. I'm never going back

With kalk, you mix it with fresh water, dose it any which way you choose, and it will raise your alkalinity and calcium in the same way you can shoot a cherry with a shotgun. Excessive, messy, but it works.