View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 02:51 PM

Palster is on a distinguished road
Default Overflow Plumbing

I am currently in the middle of building my 135 gallon FOWLR setup. The next step is to get the tank drilled. The tank will be located in the basement up against a wall with a closet on the other side of the wall. My intent is to have the plumbing go through the wall with the sump/refugium and return pump located inside the closet. I have to take the tank to the glass shop to have holes drilled for the bulkheads and I was wondering if it would be better to have the drain and return lines go through the back of the tank and directly through the wall or through the bottom of the tank and use a 90 degree elbow to get them through the wall(the bottom pane is non tempered and drillable). I think it would look better aesthetically if the lines went through the back of the tank as the bottom of the stand is open but if I ever want to sell or re-use this tank with a sump underneath it then it would be better if the lines went through the bottom of the tank. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this? Maybe Marc (Fudge) can offer me some more advice on this.

Last edited by Palster; 02-18-2007 at 02:54 PM.