View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 09:34 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I used to do that too but I grew tired of cleaning out my float valve every few months. Although on the other hand it was far less problematic than trying to have a slow drip rate instead. What was happening was that as my RO/DI barrell emptied, it has less head pressure pushing the water through the lines and thus the drip rate would slow down more and more until it was time to refill the barrell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesilvermax View Post
I use both just to keep up!

FWIW I have a needle valve feeding my kalk reactor (from my RO/DI unit resevoir) and it works for about 5 to 6 months before my drip rate changes.
Littlesilvermax, how much height differencial do you have? 5 to 6 months with a steady rate is incredible. Or how often if your RO/DI reservoir being refilled? Maybe that's the difference, you're keeping yours full whereas I let mine get close to empty before refilling (mine is a 50g resevoir and I only need to refill it every two weeks or so).