View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 01:16 AM

Fish is on a distinguished road

Neal,
That really sucks! Is it possible that there was someone else besides one of the six that could have taken it? Sorry, at least I didn't ask "where did you see it last?"

Having said that, why don't you report it to the police? Seriously, the theft of $1000 from your home is a police matter... insist that they send a car and not just take a report over the phone because you do have names. The innocent 5 customers should be more than happy to cooperate and should understand the intrusion given the circumstances. I am willing to bet that the guilty one will have a record for this in their past. A regular person doesn't do something like that for the first time...

Also, before that, you might want to open the door for them to anonymously return the money (or what's left of it) without any further digging or repercussions... that might be the best solution. JMO

Edit: Also, if you can be pretty sure that none of your customers were wearing gloves while in your house, than you should have some nice fingerprints on/in your till. There's no reason for any of those customers to be touching the till right?...
If I were you, I wouldn't touch anything... post a notice and give the person a week to mail the money back to you, after which you will go forward with the investigation and charges... and the shame, don't forget the shame. Whoever it was that succumbed to the weak moment should decide that it is in their best interests to get your money back to you.

- Chad

Last edited by Fish; 02-04-2007 at 01:45 AM.