Thread: My New Carpets
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 04:53 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Sorry Scott wasn't directing the comments to you (or anyone for that matter) in particular. Just pointing out what came immediately to mind, that these are gigantea's.

It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine that the availability sheets usually just say "carpet". There are 4 species of carpet (1 Atlantic, non-clownfish hosting, and 3 IndoPacific carpets) and each is quite different in its needs and care requirements and sensitivity levels. To me it's usually quite brutally obvious what species a carpet is so I think it's inexcusable for anyone in the business (again not directing this to any specific person) to not identify the carpet species. These wholesalers can do it if they really tried.

I've even seen people refer to ritteri's as carpets. .. At that point you may as well refer to an acropora as a fish! Or a shrimp as an urchin. Or a piece of live rock as a bird. "I just started a new tank and I'm cycling 60lbs of African Grey!!!" (Ok maybe now I'm just going too far.)

Anyhow sorry for that little rant... Wasn't trying to be preachy at anyone, but just had to share my thoughts. I may not know very much overall, but what I do know I'm going to make darn sure everyone hears about it!!