View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 10:11 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Ok was able to tinker around a bit and got the plumbing switched around so the reactor is now an upflow. And I see the mag2 will be more than enough pump because it completely fluidized the entire media column. Before I continue I'm going to have to go get a round sponge (fluval etc.) to make sure the pump intake doesn't suck in media.

And I switched the feed to use my dripline off my overflow. I normally use this to drip in new arrivals. I put an irrigation dripline needle valve and was able to dial down the feed to 1 drop per 10 seconds and I have room to slow it down more.

So .. tomorrow I'll hopefully be able to finish off the upflow mods and get this going again. I've just gone from bummed to stoked! Hopefully there will be some learnings we can share from all of this in the end.